Monday, September 13, 2010

Indie Craft Parade

ICP went off like a rocket, like ten thousand roman candles lit with a flamethrower.

Erin and Libby's pet project to create a craft fair for Greenville was a howling success. As I understand it the numbers run something like this --
4000 attendees over the two days, almost 80 artists/vendors (those 80 being selected from the over 200 applicants) -- most people had to wait in line at least 30 minutes just to get in (we hit fire code almost immediately and they had to stagger people coming in and going out.)

As the title of this local online magazine (with 70-some photos, check them out!) reads






In the bottom two pictures you can see me and my booth.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the event over the next few days, I'm just so proud of Erin for making it happen. I saw her pour countless hours upon hours and emails and phone calls and meetings into this and to see it light up like this was so great.

Over the next few days I'll be updating my store to include some of the new items I had at the show. I'll of course mention them again here when they are available.

1 comment:

Will Kelly said...

Congratulations guys! It looks amazing in the pictures!